Registered Design Professionals should register their plan with the Department of Buildings if the work involves:
- An Alteration
- Partial Demolition
If this Protection Plan is mandatory for a job, you won’t be able to receive a permit until your plan is approved.
- Specific dwelling units that will be occupied while construction is occurring.
- How occupants will be protected during the duration of the construction in regards to health and safety
- Temporary fire-related assemblies
- Opening Protectives
- Dust Containment Procedures
- Signatures of the applicant and owner
The plan must be site-specific and include details about:
- Health Requirements
- Compliance with housing standards
- Noise Restrictions
- Structural Safety
- Maintaining Essential Services
If a plan hasn’t been submitted to the DOB for a job where it is required, the minimum penalty is $10,000.
For following offenses, the minimum penalty is $25,000.
Priced at such a high fine because it relates to the health and safety of occupants.