De-registering a Building with the HPD

If your building is now a single-family home, you’ll need to remove it from the HPD records. Buildings with tenants are required to register annually with the department. If you are in their records and do not complete an annual registration, there is a fine associated.

You will need to complete a form letting the department know that you don’t need to register. The Application to Invalidate Registration can be found here. Request for certified copy of here.

You can send the form to the:

Property Registration Assistance Unit
100 Gold Street, Section 6E
New York, NY 10038

If you need more information, contact the borough hall office of your particular borough.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s