Is a Certificate of Correction Necessary to Close out Violations?

Also known as an AEU-2 Form, a Certificate of Correction must be filled out in order to put a cap on a DOB violation. You may declare a correction on all classes (1, 2, or 3) of DOB violations. It is not merely enough to have attended a hearing in order for to close the case, as the certificate must be given to the DOB separate from the hearing. Submitting this document acts as proof that any outstanding work has been completed.

If you have been give a cure date, submitting a Certificate of Correction will allow you to avoid penalties, and not go through the hearing process.

The document can be found online here. You will need to provide details of the violation, and input information about who performed the work.

They can be submitted by post or in-person (from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm) at:
NYC Department of Buildings
Attn: Administrative Enforcement Unit
280 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10007
(212) 393-2405

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s